Brand positioning is the process of positioning your brand in the mind of your customers. Brand positioning is also referred to as a positioning strategy, brand strategy, or a brand positioning statement.
In order to create a position strategy, you must first identify your brand’s uniqueness and determine what differentiates you from your competition.
There are 7 key steps to effectively clarify your positioning in the marketplace:
- Determine how your brand is currently positioning itself
- Identify your direct competitors
- Understand how each competitor is positioning their brand
- Compare your positioning to your competitors to identify your uniqueness
- Develop a distinct and value-based positioning idea
- Craft a brand positioning statement
- Test the efficacy of your brand positioning statement
At AnalyseIT we use deep customer insight to drive segmentation, targeting, positioning and offering development. This ensures that marketing plan development is grounded in the realities of the marketplace to best meet customer needs.